Dr. Contento was raised in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. He graduated from Elon University with a BS in biology. He received his Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine from Temple University in Philadelphia, PA.
He completed a 4 year podiatric surgical residency at University of Pennsylvania Presbyterian Medical Center with comprehensive training in wound care, reconstructive forefoot, rearfoot and ankle surgery. Dr. Contento has been in private practice since 2009 and joined Gaston Foot and Ankle Specialists in 2017.
Dr. Contento is a Fellow of the American College of Podiatric Surgeons. He is Board Certified in Foot Surgery as well as Rearfoot and Ankle Reconstruction Surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
He enjoys treating all foot and ankle problems. Dr. Contento believes in educating his patients about conservative and surgical options so both him and his patient decide together the best plan of care.
Dr. Contento lives in Gastonia, North Carolina with his wife Natalie and 3 small children. He is an active leader in Boy Scouts of America, enjoys spending time camping, hiking, fishing, golfing, and traveling with his family.
Diplomat, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Board Certified, Foot and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery
LECTURES AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Guest Lecture: Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association Annual State Conference. “Surgical and Medical Management of Foot Infections“. Columbus, OH, June, 2016
- Guest Lecture: Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association Annual State Conference. “Charcot Update“. Columbus, OH, June, 2016
- Guest Lecture: Current Concepts in Foot and Ankle Surgery Symposium. “Acute Achilles Rupture & Repair”. Columbus, OH, February 2016
- Guest Lecture: Current Concepts in Foot and Ankle Surgery Symposium. “Interpostion Arthroplasty for Hallux Rigidus”. Columbus, OH, February 2016
- Guest Lecture: Central Ohio Foot and Ankle Grand Rounds. “Hallux Rigidus: Fusion or Salvage”. Westerville, OH, September 2014
- Guest Lecture: Mount Carmel St. Ann’s Physical Therapy CME Course: “A Review of Foot and Ankle Anatomy and Pathology” (3.5 hrs). Westerville, OH, June 2013
- Guest Lecture: McConnell Hearth Health Center Diabetes Forum. “Diabetes and Your Feet”. Columbus, OH, March 2013
- Guest Lecture: Central Ohio Foot and Ankle Grand Rounds. “The Diagnosis and Treatment of Pediatric Flatfoot”. Westerville, OH, September 2012
- Coauthor of “Plantar Fibromatosis” Chapter in McGlamry’s Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery Fourth Edition. 2012; Chapter 95: 1486-1496
- Coauthor of “Instructional Technique Guide: Closed Reduction of the Supination-Eversion Stage IV (Weber Type B) Ankle Fracture.” J Foot Ankle Surg. 2009 May-Jun;48(3):394-7
- Guest Lecturer: Podiatry Institute & Penn Presbyterian Medical Center “Current Controversies and Complications in Foot and Ankle Surgery.” “Current Conservative and Surgical Treatment of Plantar Fibromatosis.” Philadelphia 2008
American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
American Podiatric Medical Association
North Carolina Foot and Ankle Society
Elon University: BS Biology
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA: DPM Degree
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
Patient Survey ReviewsLearn how patient feedback is cultivated
Very happy with my experience there.
[Dr. Contento] explained, in great detail, what would need to be done to correct my broken foot. He was very thorough and I feel really good about him performing surgery
My Doctor is one of the best doctors I have ever had in a long time..he could teach other physicians on how to treat their patients
The staff here are the friendliest I have come across. The Dr is really a great Dr. I'm in good care with this Foot DR.
I am VERY PLEASED with how I have been cared for by this office! :) I would certainly recommend it to anyone who needs care for their feet! :)