AllFrederick MD. He, along with Dr. Sana Shamim, expanded into Urbana to serve the podiatric needs of those in the Frederick County area. Dr. Shamim sees patients in Urbana two days a week. She is adept in both conservative and surgical treatments for foot and ankle health.
We are proud to have long-term employees staffing all of our locations. This continuity assures our patients that they will see a familiar face on each of their visits. Our staff is like family, and we strive to treat our patients the same way.
Podiatrists in Urbana are totally focused on our patients. We take a progressive patient-centered approach to evaluation and treatment using the latest in diagnostic technology.While we are serious about our patients, we strive to be friendly, casual, and professional. Our mission is to provide total foot care for each and every patient. Specializing in general podiatric medical and surgical care & advanced surgical techniques of the foot and ankle. This office, in conjunction with Frederick and Mt. Airy, is able to accommodate same day and next day appointments. Our podiatrists in Silver Spring, MD Drs. David Freedman and Hetal Kathrotiya-Mago, of the Silver Spring, MD (International Drive) office, established a satellite office in 2016 at the Leisure World Medical Center, 3305 N Leisure World Blvd. Dr. Kathrotiya-Mago provides convenient podiatric care to the residents of the Leisure World community. Dr. Kathrotiya-Mago serves as the only podiatrist at the facility.
Podiatrists in Silver Spring, MD are totally focused on our patients. We take a progressive patient-centered approach to evaluation and treatment using the latest in diagnostic technology.While we are serious about our patients, we strive to be friendly, casual, and professional. Our mission is to provide total foot care for each and every patient. Specializing in general podiatric medical and surgical care & advanced surgical techniques of the foot and ankle.
She works in a team-approach with your primary and other specialty physicians to provide comprehensive care to all of her patients, all under one roof.Dr. Sana Shamim has a special interest in wound care and limb salvage, sports medicine and surgery. She has returned to her home state of Maryland to serve and become part of the Frederick community. In her free time, Dr. Shamim enjoys traveling, hiking, running and spending time with her family. The Silver Spring, MD office opened on July 1, 1988 and grew very quickly. On July 1, 1997 we expanded the office from our previous location with two treatment rooms to the current location where we have five patient treatment rooms, an ambulatory surgery room that is CMS-Medicare Certified, OR preparation room, and doctor's office. Additionally, we have an area that we perform our computerized gait analysis. Our office provides two Board Certified doctors to treat your foot and ankle needs: Dr. David Freedman and Dr. Hetal Kathrotiya-Mago.
Our foot & ankle doctors in Silver Spring, MD pride ourselves as being warm, gentle, kind and caring. We treat each patient with respect and let them know that we will listen to their concerns, provide the necessary time and a treatment plan to help resolve their foot, ankle and/or lower leg problems.
Special Services Offered
- Two laser options for fungal nail treatments with the either the Pin Pointe or Noveon lasers
- In-office gait analysis using computerized gait analysis and complement this with 3-D ipad scanning of patient's feet to capture the exact issues our patients have to address and provide solutions involving their biomechanical issues.
- In-office Ambulatory Surgery Services, where we have been providing top-notch care in our CMS-certified center since 1997. Ambulatory Surgery Services provides a much more relaxed environment and has a significantly less chance for potential issues associated with surgery as compared to the hospital setting.
- Medically necessary diagnostic DNA wound and infection assessments that is not available in other offices.
- Correct ingrown toenails for patients of all ages in a relaxed and caring environment with a superior track record of excellent results.