Dr. Sagar Shah began his education at the University of Florida, earning a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Cell Science. He received his doctorate in Podiatric Medicine from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia. From there, he went on to complete his residency at Larkin Community Hospital in South Miami, Florida, where he also served as Chief Resident.
Dr. Shah has also participated in numerous volunteer activities including the Yucatan Crippled Children’s Project in Yucatan, Mexico, where he provided corrective surgery to children with lower extremity deformities.
Dr. Shah provides complete podiatric care for all ages, with special interest in reconstructive forefoot and rearfoot surgery, sports medicine, wound care and diabetic foot care.
In his free time, Dr. Shah enjoys spending time with family and friends, watching sports and movies, and having an overall active lifestyle.Our podiatrists in Silver Spring, MD; Drs. David Freedman and Hetal Kathrotiya-Mago, of the Silver Spring, MD (International Drive) office, established a satellite office in 2016 at the Leisure World Medical Center, 3305 N Leisure World Blvd. Dr. Kathrotiya-Mago provides convenient podiatric care to the residents of the Leisure World community. Dr. Kathrotiya-Mago serves as the only podiatrist at the facility. As part of a multi-disciplinary team at the Medstar Leisureworld Medical Center, she works in conjunction with the other doctors at the facility to provide excellent foot and ankle care. This satellite office offers a full range of foot and ankle services and treats a majority of the foot and ankle pathologies at the medical center. An important foot note, Dr.Kathrotiya-Mago interned at the Institute on Aging with the National Institute of Health (NIA-NIH) while she was in podiatric medical school. She has a special interest in treating the geriatric population.
ApproachOur aim is to keep our patients' feet healthy and walking. We understand the importance of being active for overall good health. The Silver Spring, MD office opened on July 1, 1988 and grew very quickly. On July 1, 1997 we expanded the office from our previous location with two treatment rooms to the current location where we have five patient treatment rooms, an ambulatory surgery room that is CMS-Medicare Certified, OR preparation room, and doctor's office. Additionally, we have an area that we perform our computerized gait analysis. Our office provides two Board Certified doctors to treat your foot and ankle needs: Dr. David Freedman and Dr. Hetal Kathrotiya-Mago.
Our foot & ankle doctors in Silver Spring, MD pride ourselves as being warm, gentle, kind and caring. We treat each patient with respect and let them know that we will listen to their concerns, provide the necessary time and a treatment plan to help resolve their foot, ankle and/or lower leg problems.
Special Services Offered
- Two laser options for fungal nail treatments with the either the Pin Pointe or Noveon lasers
- In-office gait analysis using computerized gait analysis and complement this with 3-D ipad scanning of patient's feet to capture the exact issues our patients have to address and provide solutions involving their biomechanical issues.
- In-office Ambulatory Surgery Services, where we have been providing top-notch care in our CMS-certified center since 1997. Ambulatory Surgery Services provides a much more relaxed environment and has a significantly less chance for potential issues associated with surgery as compared to the hospital setting.
- Medically necessary diagnostic DNA wound and infection assessments that is not available in other offices.
- Correct ingrown toenails for patients of all ages in a relaxed and caring environment with a superior track record of excellent results.